There are all sorts of ways you can participate in the Gig Harbor Basket Brigade:
- Help procure food (need some trucks)
- Sort and stage food for baskets
- Assemble baskets
- Deliver baskets
- Find contacts at local companies that can help donate food or supplies.Click for Food list and Request Letter.
- Print and post a 2019 Basket Brigade Coupon Flier
- Look close at the video you may see yourself or someone you know.
If you have questions or ideas, please contact us.
Over the years, people have come up with all sorts of neat and creative ways to contribute to the Basket Brigade including:
- Hold a ‘Jeans Friday’ at your office, where employees can come in jeans with a donation to the cause.
- Feed a Community with Less Than $300. Here is a simple concept – It is getting 33 people to donate $3.33 a day for 3 months to create a $10,000 donation. It makes you think about the impact of a small group of committed individuals can have with the small change found in their pocket. Check it out:
$3.33 x 90 Days = $299.70
$299.70 x 33 people = $9,890.10Do you know 33 people or businesses that could share in doing this?
- Organize a car wash.
- Put a donation station in your office where people can contribute funds or canned goods.
- Have a company contest for which employee can raise the most support.
Most of all, have fun and thank you for your participation. It means a lot to a lot of people.
Where to Go
This year, we’ll be organizing the Basket Brigade festivities from the Tacoma Narrows Airport in Gig Harbor at:Enter the Gate by the Hub Parking lot.Make a Right hand “U “Turn from the road you come in on. . There will be Navy Personel helping direct Traffic.
- Tuesday November 26th at 4:30 PM,
- Wednesday November 27th at 11:30 AM
Tacoma Narrows Airport Building 1402 Hanger 2
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Get Directions Download Airport Parking Map